Puberty Programs for Special Learners
These programs are designed for students living with Autism, Down Syndrome, learning disabilities and developmental delays.
- Are you the parent of a child with a developmental delay?
- Does the word “Puberty” strike fear in your heart?
- Not sure how to explain physical changes, hormones, why your son or daughter needs to take a bath?
- Do you have a daughter and you need to explain the monthly cycle soon?
You’re not alone.
The Byrnes Health Education Center is here to help. The programs will contain biological, social and behavioral components about puberty. All programs will be taught by our Health Educators and will be presented to boys and girls separately.
*Adults attend program with student(s).
Puberty for Girls:
• Wednesday, November 27, 2019
• Wednesday, February 26, 2020
• Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Puberty for Boys:
• Tuesday, November 26, 2019
• Tuesday, February 25, 2020
• Tuesday, April 28, 2020
All programs are held from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at the Byrnes Health Education Center located at 515 South George Street, York, PA 17401
Cost: $14 per person attending